This full-time, exempt position is based in Washington, D.C. and is primarily remote, but will be present at in-person meetings and events. The position may require touring prospective locations, carrying supplies, and other physical work.
- Manage the planning and execution of in person and online meetings and events (such as conferences, receptions, book signings, ceremonies), sometimes in partnership with the Director of Operations
- Partner with the Leadership Team to conceptualize, plan, and document milestones, budgets, and targets for events supporting the Chamber’s goals
- Manage the operational timeline and ensure milestones are tracked and met; seek and secure resources as needed
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams including staff, consultants, vendors, and other stakeholders to plan and prepare seamless operation before, during, and after events
- Identify requirements and expectations of vendors, stakeholders, and Chamber leadership for each event
- Brainstorm, develop, and implement concepts and themes
- Prepare budgets, manage expenses, process invoices; maintain notes and tracking documents
- Oversee event expense management in Tallie
- Research and book venues, touring or coordinating tours as needed
- Organize suppliers, caterers, staff, and entertainment
- Oversee registration processes, including activities required to ensure compliance with local COVID practices for in person events
- Manage set-up, tear-down, and clean-up functions
- Anticipate attendee needs, mitigate risks of logistical failures, and ensure effective reporting of problems and/or challenges
- Develop and deliver post-event debriefs of wins, losses, and lessons learned and work continuously to improve Chamber events and their execution
- Operate conferencing and meeting platforms such as via Zoom, WebEx, Google Meets, Microsoft Office Teams, and others, managing logistics and problem-solving as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, public relations, management, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in project management with a track record of successful event planning
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to speak in front of groups
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to coordinate and lead a team and delegate tasks effectively
- Demonstrated and consistent meticulous attention to detail
- Expert time management skills
- Ability to create budgets, manage resources within limits, and make independent and wise resource management decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with colleagues, senior leaders, member organizations, and vendors
- Ability to proofread written communications efficiently and effectively, and able to draft short correspondence, memos, statements, and posts quickly and without errors.
- Strong technology skills including the ability to organize and facilitate large meetings via Zoom, WebEx, Google Meet, Microsoft Office Teams, and others.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Must be able to maintain an approach to work that is consistently enthusiastic, tenacious, curious, and highly detail-oriented, even under pressure or in the face of rapidly shifting priorities.
Our benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, flexible holidays and vacations, 401(k) plan, performance bonus program, and competitive compensation.